Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Getting ecstatic about Social Media

I never knew what social media was even at the time I had my account on Face book 8 years back from now until I got the opportunity to groom my internet marketing skills at my present job 1/5 years back. We work in a Pakistan based American Business Process Outsource firm and where I got this client who wanted to get on with his social media marketing for his Real Estate business. I was asked to take on this responsibility just because I was a social butterfly in my office. I fidgeted and tried to persuade away from this but my project manager kept his faith firm on me like placing a faithful bet on me like I am not losing in any case.

I did not had any marketing background. I never knew an 'ABC' on any kind of sales or marketing business neither a real estate business or any other social media tools other than Face book.

Facebook is the king of all Social media and right now it is possibly the only social site which allows you the integration of the most effective social media tools you can ever have.

Today I am social media relationships manager in our firm. I do not say it proudly because I do not have any bookish knowledge as my base but trust me if you adopt a peculiar interest you don'e need any. I learned everything from internet. It's just that you need to have an aesthetics sense for online research and Voila! THERE you go. I started learning about all these SMM tools while making accounts for my client on different sites like Twitter, flickr, linkedin, youtube, digg, stumbleupon etc.

I then started taking interest for my own online profile building and social networking for my personal accounts. I started getting on flickr, youtube, face book page, blogger and linked for sharing photos, videos, posts, journals, stories, songs & professional knowledge with my friends, family, colleagues and random people who showed interests in my own interests. It felt like placing my keepsakes and memorabilia online, like I collect all my empty perfume bottles over my bedroom table after every 6 month and somehow relate them with each other though the smells, bottles and makes are entirely different just as people on social media sites.


There are a thousand of things you can learn in social media networking but when starting from the scratch you need to make sure that you fulfill 4 essence basics of Social media networking.

They are:
Social Media Sites Account Creation

Social Media Profile Building

Social Media Community Building

Online Community Engagement

In our next post we'll talk about these four important phases in details. Social media marketing is easy as hell but ya folks it is hell of time consuming job too based all on online research.
Have a happy social life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dos & Don'ts of X (Formerly as Twitter)

   As a Premium member, there are several important ‘Dos’ and ‘Don’ts’ to keep in mind to ensure a smooth and rewarding experience. The same...